Friday 25 January 2013

Welcome to Veggie Talks


Welcome to my meat-free web environment.  This is a space for vegetarians, and others who are open-minded and willing to accept a vegetarian perspective, to share with one another their daily dilemmas living among our carnivorous counterparts.  This blog will explore and discuss a number of situations we vegetarians encounter and how we deal with them.  I want to address common misconceptions about vegetarianism and gain feedback from others on these untruths.  I also want to share my greatest frustrations in interacting with meat-eaters and trying to explain my vegetarianism to them, and I would love to hear your stories too.  I want this blog to be a discussion forum where we can all share our experiences, ask questions and learn from one another.  I am really excited about the ideas I have for this blog and I cannot wait to see what you guys think!!  

11 comments:

  1. I'm totally an omnivore! But I have tons of veggie-loving friends, I support vegetarianism, and, of course, vegetables are super sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to reading this, Erin! I've been considering the idea of giving up meat for a while now, but I honestly don't know how I'd live without chicken or fish. Hopefully you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hard decision to make! Some people find it easier to slowly decrease the amount of meat they eat and cut things out one at a time. This way its less of a shock to your system and it's easier to adjust to your new diet.

      Delete
  3. I cook lots of vegetarian! This weeks post is vegetarian so check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read more Erin! I try to do a 'Meatless Monday' every week and I really enjoy it. I try to be creative with my meat free meals so I don't get bored. There are some really great vegetarian recipes out there. Next on my list: Butternut Squash Dal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Meatless Monday! We used to do that when I was in the EcoHawks at WLU

      Delete
    2. That's such a great idea!! You're right, there are so many interesting recipes out there that don't require meat.

      Delete
  6. The veggies in your background look very appetizing. After watching films like "Food Inc." and the "Meatrix" (lol), I have also considered becoming a vegetarian. After watching the Food Inc, I was appalled by beef and felt queasy when I so much as looked at it. The intensity of my aversion to beef has passed though, unfortunately. My biggest issue, now, with becoming a vegetarian is getting enough protein. Maybe you have some strategies you can share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a common concern ... I am going to be talking about non-meat protein sources, so stay tuned!!

      Delete